Tuesday, February 17, 2009

at this point of time, i'm surprised at why i'm even blogging. i've got a never ending pile of work to revise, i think i've almost come to accept that i'd never finish it. maybe that's why i'm here.

my mind's been in such a blur these few days, it seems like i can barely concentrate, and i thought i was one with quite strong mental discipline. well, it comes to a point where not even the next word is going to go in that i decided to do my QT a little earlier than routine, and true and faithful as God has been the past week, He has indeed shown that he knows my every thought.

I don't have the habit of putting such blatant testimonies on this supposedly shared blog, but i guess this is just one of those times that i felt i just have to. something like how the hillsong lyrics

"so blessed, i cant contain it, so much i've got to give it away, your love has taught me to live now, you are more than enough for me".

bet i sound like i've got bipolar disorder already, first saying that my minds in a complete mumble jumble non-study mode. next saying that i'm blessed. well, i really don't have much time to tell long stories here, but in summary, yesterday, during cell group, we were sharing about our goals for 2009, and the past week's devotions. and i mentioned that so far, God has been very gracious to me, that in the approx 10min i leave for QT at the end of the day, He has always spokent to me, somehow alayed my fears and concerns for the events of that day, given me a amazingly relevant passage to always bring me back to Him in all that happens in life. Last week, there was a reading on self confidence, just on a day when i was wondering what i was actually capapble of, what i doing in med sch etc. there were other relevant ones too.

so today, when i simply cldn't study anymore, my mind abounding with worries (i'm typically worry-wart:() about finishing studying, abt health, abt so many other things, i deicded to just go do my QT first. and true enough, today's reading was the often-used 'do not worry' passage from matthew (check the online Upper Room if you're curious:) ). and upon reading, i suddenly seemed crystal clear why i was prompted to go do QT instead of trying to sit at my table and stuff in more info through blurry eyes.

indeed, as the Thought of the Day in today's reading wrote,

"When we trust God, there is less room in us for worry."

ok, i've no idea whether i'm coherent, probably not cos i left out so many parts of the story. but i've really got to get back to my notes, at least with my mind at peace. Indeed He walks with me, all the time:)